Monday, September 14, 2009

I see a red door and I want it to turn black...


It's a beautiful day. Autumn is in the air, the kids' trip to the dentist went better than planned, and I don't feel like doing a darned anything before dinner! So I played with Painter. So there.




PS...the seething, retro reference in the post's title really has nothing to do with anything! I just like the song. More so there. :D

PPS...does a "come hither" glance count as some sort of welcome? I'm saying so! For the sake of Illustration Friday.


3 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

love this digital painting. Always love to see really painterly digital work.

Cyndia said...

Nice work! I love your technique in how you built your piece. I am trying to add more varity of color when it comes to flesh tone. I been playing around with different brush strokes, but I really like how your highlights and midtones seem to blend together. Did yo do this in Photoshop?

Cyndia said...

Thank you for your advice! I do use the smear tool alot and once I printed it out I didn't like the results. I didn't realize everthing became so blurry. I think your advice will help in other programs also, such as Illustrator.
I noticed you did your piece in Painter. I have the old version tucked away. Maybe it is time to buy the upgrade. Thanks again and I will put your advice in use.